Open Geospatial Information Infrastructure for Research (FGI), Consortium Geoportti
Geoportti - Open Geospatial Information Infrastructure for Research is a unique virtual research infrastructure (RI) enabling easy access to geospatial and geocomputing solutions for various disciplines by offering services to manage, process and analyse geospatial data. Geoportti RI brings together massive geospatial datasets, high-performance geocomputing and virtualization environments, and aids researchers struggling with poor data usability and scarce computing resources. Geoportti RI supports the location innovation system in societal and business challenges that require spatial data solutions, and feedback from customer projects has shows the RI's importance in increasing quality, renewal and competitiveness of research, and fostering national and international scientific collaboration.
CSC's role relates mainly to following tasks:
- Streamlining researcher’s spatial data sharing in Fairdata services and Paituli
- New geocomputing tools (LUMI)
- Significant improvement of usability and ease of access of Geoportti geocomputing environment in HPC Puhti
- Designing the e-learning service environment
- Production and piloting of e-learning materials and online courses
- Designing, piloting and securing an innovation-driven cooperation model for Geospatial Challenge Camps
- Geoportti Support Services
This project has received funding from the Academy of Finland.