What does the Finnish state offer?

Citizens of the Nordic countries may freely enter Finland, EU citizens  must register their right to reside in Finland at a police department. Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries need to apply for a residence permit before entering Finland and after this family may apply for a residence permit on the basis of family ties.

Finland has an advanced social security and public health care system that extends to all permanent residents in the country. Basic security is provided by Kela (the Social Insurance Institution of Finland). Local authorities are responsible for health care and social services incl. national pension, basic security for the unemployed, child benefit, housing allowance etc.

All children permanently residing in Finland have the right and obligation to attend compulsory schooling which is free of charge. Basic education is free of charge and the state and local authorities are responsible for organising it. There are also options for private schooling where teaching is given in English, German, French and Russian languages.

Younger children have the right to full-time early education (day care / group family day care/ family day care) and to early education. In the capital area is it also possible to find day-care centres where the language is English, German, French or Spanish. The fees for public day care are based on the salary level of the family (in Helsinki max 289 eur per month in 2019) .

People moving to Finland have the right to buy real estate or rent property from the open market. 
In Finland employees are entitled  to a paid annual holiday.  On the first year of employment employees earn 2 days  of holiday per month (full-time) and after the first year 2,5 days per month. Accordingly, after the first year of employment you are entitled to 5 weeks of paid holiday during the year.